For delegates with existing First Aid at Work certification:
In addition to a general update on recent changes to the First Aid at Work qualification, each of the following will be covered.
- Understanding the role of the first aider including reference to:
The importance of preventing cross infection;
The need for recording incidents and actions;
Use of available equipment;
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizures);
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries
(including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
- Administering first aid to a casualty with:
injuries to bones, muscles and joints (including suspected
spinal injuries), chest injuries, burns, scalds, eye injuries, sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
- Recognising the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes).
In order to enrol on the two day First Aid at Work Refresher course, candidates must produce evidence that they are in possession of a First Aid at Work certificate which will still be valid on the day of their final assessment (where such evidence cannot be provided, advice should be sought from Walkers Training Service).
For more information and a quote, please contact us.